ON CALL Appointment Clerk
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: Yorba Linda
Posted on: November 17, 2019
This position provides high level member assistance by scheduling
various appointments requested, transferring calls appropriately,
composing messages, and providing general information.Essential
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local
- Operates in a high volume, highly structured call center
environment by responding to incoming calls.
- Determines the type of appointment requested or needed, reviews
scheduling mix of various physicians/providers, and them makes
appointment utilizing appropriate guidelines.
- Prioritizes member needs and offers alternatives to members
- Utilizes superior customer service skills to provide service to
members when diffusing difficult member encounters.
- Uses tact and diplomacy in handling difficult interactions with
- Determine if calls are urgent or emergent by listening to the
member, following established guidelines, and then transferring the
call to a Registered Nurse when appropriate.
- Composes messages for physician/providers, Registered Nurses or
other medical staff based on member requests.
- Responds in a courteous and professional manner to general
questions, using on-line databases to provide information to any
member or other personnel calling the center.
- Identifies ways to improve quality of service to members and
recommends steps used to accomplish these changes.
- Must perform all of the above duties while meeting established
standard of performance for quality and productivity.
- Performs clerical duties which may include assigning new
members a primary care physician, processing self-referral
requests, calling patients and booking appointment for specialty
appointments, calling members to cancel and reschedule
- Principle Job Duties and Skills:
- Answer incoming calls.
- Determine type of appointment needed, determine appointment
availability and schedule appointments.
- Prioritize member's need and offer alternatives to member when
- Determine if calls are urgent or emergent and refer to RNs as
appropriate following established guidelines.
- Compose messages to providers or other medical staff based on
- Utilize databases to give information to members and other
callers as requested.
- Refer members to eligibility department as appropriate.
- Notify members of appointment/scheduling changes by telephone
- Schedule, reschedule and/or verify appointments.
- Answer member inquiries.
- Contact appropriate department to obtain medical record numbers
of new enrollees.
- Assist in resolving problems related to duplicate medical
- Initiate change of physician requests.
- Initiate change forms for corrected medical record
- Verify and update member demographics.
- Perform on-line inquiry functions.
- Perform data retrieval of computerized data.
- Record and maintain activity logs.
- Clear paper jams and other routine maintenance of
- Recommend procedure changes.
- Train and orient new or less experienced personnel.
- Serve as resource persons to co-workers and assist in problem
- Perform other activities and duties as directed.
- Initiate telephone calls to physicians or other medical office
staff when indicated to assist members.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time
as directed.Pay Grade: 13Basic Qualifications:Experience
- One (1) year of customer service experience in a service
related industry, preferably healthcare.Education
- High school diploma or equivalent.License, Certification,
- N/A.Additional Requirements:
- Effective telephone communication skills and excellent
- Must obtain passing score on Customer Care Simulation
- The Customer Care Simulation assessment score must be current
within one (1) year (contact Local HR Office for testing).
- Must be able to effectively communicate, verbally and in
writing, in English.
- Must complete Service Orientation Assessment.
- As part of applicant process, must take Proofreading Assessment
for non KP employees only.Preferred Qualifications:
- N/AKaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed
to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.External hires must pass a background
check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or
conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner
consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local
ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.COMPANY: KAISERTITLE: ON CALL
Appointment ClerkLOCATION: Panorama City, CaliforniaREQNUMBER:
831300External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal,
state and local laws, including but not limited to the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Yorba Linda , ON CALL Appointment Clerk, Other , Yorba Linda, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!