Mechanical Systems Design & Analysis Engineer (Level 4)
Location: Yorba Linda
Posted on: January 3, 2022
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. Were committed to fostering
an environment for every teammate thats welcoming, respectful and
inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find
your future with us.The Boeing Southern California Customer Support
organization (Seal Beach, CA) is currently seeking a Senior
Mechanical Systems Service Engineer (Level 4) with advanced and /or
broad knowledge of Boeing design and/or engineering principles.
Primary responsibility will be addressing and resolving in-service
issues related to airplane Hydraulic and Mechanical systems. The
position requires flexibility to address emergent issues and
important airline meetings off-hours and may require off-shift work
schedule to support the fleet operating 24/7/365.This position
allows for some telecommuting. The selected candidate will be
required to perform most work onsite in Seal Beach, CA.Position
- Flexibility to address emergent issues and important airline
meetings off-hours and may require off-shift work schedule to
support the fleet operating 24/7/365.
- Provides technical, design and informational support for
advanced production, product support or in-service issues.
- Troubleshoots advanced and difficult system problems consistent
with operational protocols.
- Leads and/or supports analysis definition and verification of
basic and complex requirements.
- May support the modification of system requirements based on
defined requirements using approved processes and tools.
- Supports and/or creates and provides basic and complex
technical documentation (e.g., fleet team digest articles, service
letters, drawings, specifications, documents, data sets, design
folders, test requirements documents, manuals) in accordance with
engineering processes and procedures for internal reference or
- Leads and/or supports the study and assessment of technology
development by gathering data, supporting testing and documenting
- Leads and/or supports the review of technical design, analysis,
and production by reviewing documentation, participating in design
reviews, and observing tests and audits to ensure compliance.
- Leads and/or supports the investigation of problems to provide
engineering design disposition of discrepancies.
- Supports and/or leads the research of technical, operational
and quality issues that cannot be resolved by the customer.
- Leads and/or supports in designing and/or providing analysis of
interim and final engineering solutions to return airplanes to
- Works with and possibly directing cross-functional teams to
conduct root cause analysis and develop dispositions for complex
- Prepares and/or supports the development of customer
correspondence for continued safe operation and maintenance of
- Leads and/or supports in solving problems concerning and
provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the
entire product lifecycle.This position must meet Export Control
compliance requirements, therefore a US Person as defined by 22
C.F.R. 120.15 is required. US Person includes US Citizen, lawful
permanent resident, refugee, or asylee. Basic Qualifications
- ABET accredited Bachelors degree within Mechanical or Aerospace
- 5+ years of experience in Mechanical or Aerospace
- 3+ years of experience using professional written and verbal
communication skills to achieve deliverablesPreferred
Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience leading or managing trouble shooting activities
- Customer Support experience
- Aerospace industry experience
- Experience in Microsoft suite (MS office, Power Point, and
- Hydraulic System experienceTypical Education/Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical
education from an accredited course of study in engineering,
computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor)
and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an
equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g.
PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work
experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred,
although not required, accreditation standardRelocation:This
position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.Drug Free
Workplace:Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer
applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana,
cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is
met as outlined in our policies.Shift Work Statement: This position
is first shiftUnion:This is a non-union represented
positionEmployee Referral:Referral to this job is eligible for
Vaccination Requirements:Boeing is implementing new requirements
for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an
approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in
several countries. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or
reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on
Equal Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors,
military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by
Keywords: BOEING, Yorba Linda , Mechanical Systems Design & Analysis Engineer (Level 4), Other , Yorba Linda, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!