BMS Controls Specialist, Service
Company: Albireo Energy, LLC
Location: Yorba Linda
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Service Yorba Linda, California, United States Full time 579-21
Under minimal supervision, conducts preventive maintenance,
automation system repair, installation, commissioning, and general
servicing of systems. Performs point to point check out to verify
that controls systems have been installed properly. Completes
assigned system commissioning and performs device verification.
Troubleshoots and resolves HVAC mechanical, electrical, and
controls problems. Properly completes required project
documentation. Responds to service calls. Responsible for high
levels of customer satisfaction through direct, on site, customer
interface. Properly completes required project and service
documentation. A key member of the Albireo team, the Service BMS
Controls Specialist will be responsible for providing the execution
for HVAC Building Automation projects, to include:
- Perform start up, checking, testing, system diagnostics and
commissioning from system-level controllers to end devices for
small to medium sized new or retrofit projects.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance service
activities to ensure optimal performance of system.
- Provide emergency service and response to customer sites as
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair and/or replace
control components and controls systems. Also, the ability to
troubleshoot mechanical, HVAC and electrical issues as related to
the BAS Control system operation.
- Load and update software on network controllers, field
controllers, computers, and servers.
- Understand complex control systems including diagnosing and
troubleshooting networking and integration.
- Write, create, load, test and commission programming software
and graphics utilizing various programming languages and
- Perform and execute assigned work efficiently and
- Communicate with customer upon arrival and before leaving the
work site. Regularly with customer to become familiar with
operating problems. Keep customer informed on the nature of service
provided, outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements,
upgrades, and or replacement. Promotes the sale of add-on
- Train the customer in control systems operations including
obtaining customer training form, providing training
- Complete, compile and submit job documentation such as
commissioning documentation, punch lists, etc. Mark up controls
submittals to capture field changes and discrepancies for
engineering to create As-Builts.
- Interface with service manager, service project manager or
subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required in
an ethical and professional manner. Reports problems or changes to
- Assist sales by providing technical recommendations for sales
leads and proposals for retrofits, upgrades and or enhancements to
existing equipment. May assist with job layouts
- Complete and submit timely electronic documentation including
but not limited to time sheets, expense reports, and on-site
- Conduct extensive self-study (reading, research, and practice)
to improve and maintain technical proficiency in company's product
lines. Completes certifications as required by the company.
- Requires extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or
digital controls systems
- Vocational School four-year program graduate or an Associate's
degree in electronics, mechanical systems, computer technology, air
conditioning or similar field.
- Degree may be offset by two years of experience in servicing
electronic and or mechanical systems.
- Five to seven years of increasingly responsible experience in
servicing electronic controls and HVAC equipment. Ability to
coordinate the work of others on multiple job sites.
- Effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to
customers and other outside contacts in an ethical and professional
- Must have experience in writing as well as demonstrated
understanding of computer programs and software applications as
related to the HVAC Industry.
- Valid Driver's license with a clean record. Albireo Energy, LLC
does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion,
age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any
other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment
opportunities and benefits.
Keywords: Albireo Energy, LLC, Yorba Linda , BMS Controls Specialist, Service, Other , Yorba Linda, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!