Location: Yorba Linda
Posted on: May 22, 2020
How is better.com Better? We're one of the fastest growing
homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we're making
homeownership simpler, faster - and most importantly, more
accessible for all Americans. By combining smarter technology with
a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire
makeup of what it's like to buy and own a home in this country,
we're building things that don't exist yet. Better.com by the
- We funded over $692 million in home loans last month
- Over $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in
- 2 years running, we're one of Crain's "Best Places to
- We're #11 on Fortune's 2020 Best Places to Work in Financial
- And #964 on Inc.'s 2019 "5000 Fastest-Growing Companies" We
continue to outpace the industry at every turn and we've recently
joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have
helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance
companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures,
American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all
invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying
journey. A Better opportunity: Beyond producing high quality loans,
our goal is to build a product that will ultimately reduce the cost
of homeownership in America. With offices in New York, California,
Charlotte, and Gurgaon, we are quickly expanding in order to
deliver a delightful borrower experience through a combination of
technology and people. In joining our team, you will have a unique
opportunity to join a fast-growing team and you will play a
critical role in delivering on the Better mission. As a Processing
Expert, you will focus on reviewing all collected documentation
from the borrowers to ensure all necessary information was
included. Your responsibilities will include answering any emails
and in-bound phone calls from borrowers, working through any
discrepancies throughout a file, and collaborating with your
cross-functional partners within the underwriting, appraisal and
title teams. The mortgage loan process is a stressful time, but our
processing team is here to make it easier for borrowers. We expect
our employees to provide exceptional customer service and show
empathy while working with borrowers. Responsibilities will
- Engage with borrowers to understand their needs/questions
- Proactively manage a pipeline in a timely, accurate, and
efficient manner, ensuring promptness in communicating with
- Request and manage organization of borrower loan documentation
using our proprietary loan platform
- Facilitate and manage borrower transitions from each step in
the processing of their loan.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams in Operations
(title, valuations, underwriting, closing) to close loans About
- Strong communication, organization, and time management
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently.
- Detail oriented with the ability to adapt with resiliency.
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Approach work with empathy, humility and accountability.
- Collaborate with teams to constantly rethink and improve our
processes and borrower experience Bonus points for:
- Experience processing FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and Jumbo mortgages
- Knowledge of agency conventional underwriting product
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try
- Passion. If you don't get excited about homeownership,
mortgages, and real estate, it simply won't work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our
disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest
dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when
you don't understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking
and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can't wait to leave
the conversation and build it.
Keywords: Better.com, Yorba Linda , Loan Processor, Other , Yorba Linda, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!