Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Company: Impact Housing
Location: Yorba Linda
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: POSITION IDENTIFICATIONTitle: Production
Engineer - 2nd ShiftBusiness Unit: iManufacturing
(Manufacture)Reports to: Plant Manager Date Opened: July 2022Target
Start Date: August 20222nd Shift Schedule starts at 3:00 pm; Monday
- FridayCOMPANY DESCRIPTIONJoin the fast-paced, exciting world of
real estate development, while working to solve CA's most important
issue in an ethical, sustainable, and equitable way. Come join a
team that will quickly become the most active developer of housing
in Southern California, with a plan to build 6,500+ units per year
to address the housing crisis. Impact Housing is a mission-driven,
vertically integrated housing development and production company
with an innovative delivery model that is designed to build and
activate high volumes of unsubsidized new housing, and in so doing,
help address the housing shortage in Southern California. We are
seeking a talented, energetic, and ambitious professional to help
us develop and execute the industry's most innovative
private-sector solution for the housing crisis.Join a team of
seasoned professionals with decades in the industry and grow your
career with us. As we accelerate forward into our mission, we want
you to be a part of our story. Every full-time employee is granted
equity ownership in the company.Job Summary: The Production
Engineer will oversee the design of production machinery and will
identify and recommend solutions to production problems related to
materials, processes, and tooling. Duties/Responsibilities:
- Designs tools and machines used to manufacture products.
- Collaborates with senior engineers to design cost- effective
layouts to establish ergonomic working conditions are implemented
focused on elimination of repetitive motions and inefficient
- Implements methods and modifications to reduce production
- Identifies and assesses various problems and departures from
established manufacturing standards and best practices; researches
and recommends solutions.
- Reviews production program equipment, hardware, and tooling;
makes recommendations for repairs or replacement.
- Oversees the development of new processes, methods, and
- Installs new equipment and ensures that it operates correctly;
trains others to operate new machinery.
- Prepares operations manuals for new or existing equipment.
Development of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of new and developing manufacturing
technology including automation solutions, equipment, and
applications; applies this knowledge to recommend and implement new
technology and processes.
- Conduct time studies and track data to analyze all production
processes for labor, material and other production related cost.
Use data to develop time standards to track production against and
report to management.
- Analyze and plan workflow, equipment placement and space
requirements to optimize manufacturing efficiency.
- Develop criteria to track manufacturing delays throughout the
production process, implement tracking methodology and evaluate the
- Performs other duties as assignedRequired Skills/Abilities:
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability
to assess problems or issues with manufacturing equipment and
within manufacturing processes.
- Extensive knowledge of production principles and
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related
- Proficient with computer-aided drafting (CAD) software.
- MODAPTS training and/or experience conducting time studies in a
- Value Stream Mapping experience and ability to apply LEAN
principles and identify waste in the production process.Education
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Three years of experience as a manufacturing engineer required
or CO-OP experience in a manufacturing environment
- LEAN Six Sigma certification is preferred
- Lean manufacturing experience
- MODAPTS certification is preferredPhysical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times. Compensation: •
- Competitive Salary
- Health benefits, Medical, Dental, FSA, and HSA
- Sick time
- Holiday pay
- Ownership of company equity
Keywords: Impact Housing, Yorba Linda , Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Yorba Linda, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!