Campus Assistant Director VN Nursing, Evening/Weekend
Company: American Career College
Location: Yorba Linda
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Reporting directly to the Director, Nursing VN (Program Director
II) assists with providing leadership in managing and implementing
a comprehensive post-secondary adult vocational nursing program for
delivery in support of College, campus, and/or departmental goals
in order to assure compliance with programmatic accreditation
and/or licensure, internal consistency, and graduate outcomes that
meet workplace and placement expectations. - Participates in budget
preparation and fiscal administration, curriculum development and
coordination, determination of teaching assignments, supervision
and evaluation of faculty, and selection/coordination of program
specific external clinical facilities and instruction. - Provides
professional leadership and support for teaching faculty; serves as
a mentor and facilitator for faculty assigned; and enables an
environment which fosters creativity, responsiveness, and
self-responsibility. - - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of
this position. - However, it in no way states or implies that these
are the only duties you will be required to perform. - The omission
of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential
function of the position.)
- Assists with program activities to ensure compliance with
applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations,
accrediting bodies, and company policies and procedures in concert
with other ACC campus programs.
- Assists with ensuring the program's yearly average minimum pass
rate on the NCLEX licensure examination does not fall below the
state's average pass rate and meets and/or exceeds the program's
established annual pass rate goal.
- Reviews and recommends improvements and enhancements to the
consistency and quality in course offerings, course/program
development, and curriculum proposals.
- Participates in student retention activities such as
coordinating departmental student academic counseling and/or
establishing a point of contact for internal resource/access for
- Supervises and evaluates externship/clinical/fieldwork
experiences as required by program.
- Assures students are provided support services to maintain the
highest level of student achievement while safeguarding the
integrity of the educational process.
- Ensures faculty are recording daily class attendance and grades
as required, completes and submits homework assignments timely, and
grades tests, quizzes, lab assignments promptly.
- Assures student course evaluations are administered each term,
and that feedback is provided to faculty in a timely fashion.
- Supervises all student clinical assignments, ensuring that all
program clinical educational objectives are met.
- May teach based upon the needs and/or student enrollments in
the program as needed.
- Serves as a mentor, facilitator and provides guidance and
support for full-time faculty, substitute faculty and staff.
- Oversees faculty in overall and day-to-day operation and
guidance of didactic, laboratory, and clinical instruction,
assignments, and/or scheduling of classes.
- Evaluates assigned faculty and support staff timely and assures
staff submits/completes annual employment requirements to meet
program accreditation standards, policies and procedures.
- Coordinates a plan to best observe, instruct, and evaluate
students learning and clinical practical skills and faculty
performance which includes a direct observation clinical assessment
of skills in applicable setting for related area of
- Holds regular meetings with faculty and staff to share
information, guidelines and procedures, coordinates activities, and
to further communicate across the assigned department.
- Addresses and resolves concerns and disputes between and among
faculty and students of the assigned areas.
- Provides for the substitution of faculty for assigned class
sections and for the maintenance by departmental faculty of office
hours and student conferences.
- Manages staffing requisitions, personnel action
requests/changes, payroll and leave forms, timecards, textbook
orders, and faculty work schedules and time off requests.
- Maintains departmental files including course syllabi and
minutes of departmental meetings.
- Plans and provides for the practical, clinical or field
experience as well as the appropriate documentation required by
clinical affiliates in order for students to be placed promptly in
their clinical rotations/assignments.
- Coordinates and monitors clinical affiliations/contracts,
rotations, visits to clinical facilities and classrooms, and
maintains written record on all clinical visits.
- Coordinates overall orientation of new faculty in theory and
clinical with full orientation to school, school policies, and
- Provides for the maintenance of the applicable program
accreditations, contracts and agreements.
- Holds periodic faculty meetings to provide for subject matter
correlation and curriculum evaluation, and to coordinate activities
of full-time, part-time and substitute faculty.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate all department staff;
improves retention and morale and performance efficiencies.
- Participates in professional development and organizations in
order to maintain an understanding of current ideas, research and
practices, attends meetings, workshops and seminars to enrich
personal growth, knowledge and skill in management
- Maintains professional appearance for position and serves as a
role model, leader and mentor to the campus community.
- Adheres to College policies and procedures and acts as a role
model to all staff and students through guidance and example.
- Maintains regular and timely attendance, reports to work as
scheduled and assures time worked and/or time-off is recorded
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards
set out in the College's Code of Ethical Conduct, Compliance
Agreement, Sexual Harassment Policy or any of its policies and
procedures, applicable federal and states laws, and applicable
- Maintains established department policies, procedures and
attends in-services and other required meetings.
- Maintains confidentiality of all student, associate, and/or
college information as required.
- Exercises care, proper use and maintenance of department
equipment and supplies and identifies unsafe conditions and makes
- Maintains order, cleanliness and safety at work.
- May perform other duties as assigned. - EDUCATION:
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Hold a minimum of a baccalaureate degree in nursing or related
field from an academic institution accredited by a regional or
national accrediting agency that is recognized by the US Secretary
of Education or Council for Higher Education Accreditation
- Master's Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Must have completed a course or courses offered by an
accredited school with instruction in administration, teaching, and
curriculum development. - LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse (RN) License
- Must have approval by the Board of Vocational Nursing and
Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT) prior to assuming the role of
Assistant Director of Nursing.
- Must possess a Certificate of Completion of a course in
teaching methodology of at least 30 hours.
- Current CPR Card. KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE: -
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience as a
registered nurse; one (1) year shall be in teaching or clinical
supervision, or a combination thereof, in a state approved
registered nursing, vocational or practical nursing, or psychiatric
technician school within the last five (5) years; or a minimum of
three (3) years of experience in nursing administration or nursing
education within the last five (5) years.
- Leadership knowledge in the program field to cultivate a
learner-centered environment and to foster excellence.
- Knowledge in technological support and delivery of program area
- Knowledge and evidence of strong supervisory and management
skills as applicable to specialized program area. -
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating
to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards
such as Title IV, ABHES, BVNPT, BPPE, and other accreditation
- Knowledge of applicable databases and computer application
systems to supply the most accurate information, reports and
- Experience with MS Office. - - #LI-KJ1 #HEJABOUT US
American Career College's commitment to quality education for over
40 years has provided students excellence in hands-on healthcare
training at our campuses in Ontario, Los Angeles, and Orange
County. American Career College is dedicated to the belief that all
students have the right to succeed and reach their full potential.
To meet this challenge in postsecondary education, American Career
College's mission is to provide adult learners with the skills and
technical knowledge needed for initial employment in entry-level
positions. With more than 50,000 graduates, you will have the
opportunity to contribute to the support of our communities by
educating quality healthcare professionals, collaborating with
incredible people, and grow in your own profession.Our benefited
faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional DevelopmentAmerican Career College is proud to be
an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to
work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.Campus: ACC
Keywords: American Career College, Yorba Linda , Campus Assistant Director VN Nursing, Evening/Weekend, Executive , Yorba Linda, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!