Senior Principal RF Microwave Design Engineer
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Yorba Linda
Posted on: August 11, 2019
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that
preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching
the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early
beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a Senior
Principal RF Microwave Engineer to join our team of qualified,
diverse individuals. This position will be located in Azusa,
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence. The
successful applicant will be assigned to perform RF design,
analysis, and test of passive RF Microwave weather sensors/systems,
subsystems, and components. The position requires coordination with
system engineering, mechanical design, material and process,
manufacturing and quality assurance to ensure that the product
meets requirements. Specific assignments may include testing of RF
subsystem and RF components, performing CAD simulation, support
anomaly investigation, deriving RF requirements, performing system
analysis, and integration and test. Additional activities include
supporting design reviews, subcontractor management, root cause
analysis, and support RF receiver integration into systems.
Additional responsibilities may be assigned commensurate with
performance or due to business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering
or Mathematics) Field with 9+ years of relevant professional
- Strong background in Electrical and RF/Microwave theory and
- Strong background in RF/Microwave hardware test and
- Experience in generating Engineering reports, documentations,
- Familiar with RF lab test equipment and common lab
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools suite
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance. U.S.
Citizenship is required.
- Expertise in RF hardware design(s) and analysis
- mmW receiver and/or component design, development and test
- Background in Microwave sensors or radiometer systems a
- Proficient with RF test instruments such as network analyzer,
spectrum analyzer, noise figure analyzer, etc.
- Proficient in RF simulation tools such as ADS and HFSS
- Proficient in Labview test automation programming
- Proficient with Antenna theory and Antenna testing a plus
- Experience in space-borne products is greatly preferred
- Active DoD Secret clearance or higher
- Masters of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or
RF/Microwave Engineering preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Yorba Linda , Senior Principal RF Microwave Design Engineer, Engineering , Yorba Linda, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!