Adjunct Clinical Instructor, Integration of Nursing Practices
Company: West Coast University
Location: Yorba Linda
Posted on: July 29, 2022
The Nursing Instructor supports the University in fulfillment of
its mission, purpose and goals. Focuses extensively on facilitating
student learning associated with prescribed course and program
learning outcomes. Provides professional leadership and support,
and serves as an educator, role model, mentor and facilitator.
Creates an educational environment which fosters innovation,
responsiveness, and accountability. Provides program-specific
expertise and is actively engaged in relevant department
initiatives. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fulfills assigned teaching load.
- Participates in and contributes to assessment activities of
courses/curriculum and program via a continuous improvement plan as
set forth by the University.
- Regularly contributes to improvement of class materials and
syllabi within prescribed shared governance culture.
- Utilizes a variety of teaching methodologies to instruct
students, always with intent to facilitate observable evidence of
student fulfillment of prescribed learning outcomes. .
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for teaching, the teaching/learning
process and for individual students.
- Follows established University protocols for providing timely
feedback and/or academic advising (student Letters of Concern,
- Must have the minimum higher education background required by
the program. Must provide a documented background in educational
methodology consistent with teaching assignments including, but not
limited to: education theory and practice, current concepts
relative to specific subjects one will be teaching, current
clinical practice experience or distance education techniques and
- Masters degree in specialty field required.
- Graduates from the West Coast University Master of Science in
Nursing program, who meet the minimum experience requirement as a
registered nurse, are eligible for consideration as a clinical
faculty immediately following graduation.
- If applicable, certification(s) in area(s) of specialization
required. In California, must meet Board of Registered Nursing
requirements as stipulated in their statues:
- Section 1425(c) states, ' An instructor shall meet the
following minimum qualifications: 1425(a)(1) A Master or higher
degree from an accredited college or university which includes
course work in nursing, education, or administration. If degree
other than in nursing submit information verifying course work in
- 1425(c)(3) Completion of at least one (1) years experience
teaching courses related to registered nursing or completion of a
post-baccalaureate course which includes PRACTICE IN TEACHING
REGISTERED NURSING. Submit official course description to verify
- 1425(c)(2) Direct patient care experience within the previous
five (5) years in the nursing area to which he or she is assigned,
which can be met by: (A) One (1) year's continuous, full-time or
its equivalent experience providing direct patient care as a
registered nurse in the designated nursing area; or (B) One (1)
academic year or of registered nurse level clinical teaching
experience in the designated nursing area or its equivalent.
- Clinical RN Bachelors degree in nursing or in natural,
behavioral or social sciences relevant to nursing practice from an
accredited college or university required. Graduates from the West
Coast University RN-BSN program who meet the minimum experience
requirement as a registered nurse are eligible for consideration as
a clinical faculty immediately following graduation.
- Current unencumbered Registered Nurse License required; other
current professional licensure by state or national board if
applicable (e.g., FNP).
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set
forth by the state Board of Nursing for nursing faculty if required
for assigned subject matter instruction.
- Current CPR card.
- Clinical RN - Must have approval by the Board of Registered
Nursing (BRN) prior to assuming the role of clinical faculty
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set
forth by any accrediting body that West Coast University is
accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for
area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth
in regulatory documents.
- Must maintain any professional certifications deemed necessary
to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
- Current certification in basic life support procedures
including healthcare provide CPR with an KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE:
- One year or less experience in teaching in a university or
college setting required as defined by Universitys faculty
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products,
especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and other MS office products
- Working with online learning management systems to further
engage the student learning process desirable.
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating
to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards
such as state Board of Nursing, Commission on Dental Accreditation,
state Dental Hygiene Committee, state Dental board, Accreditation
Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND), Western
Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) or other regulators
and/or accreditation bodies.
- Clinical RN - Must have a minimum of two (2) years prior
experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient care and
have a minimum of one year experience in the field in which they
teach. To comply with the requirements of the clinical sites, the
orders issued by the California Department of Public Health, and
other local, state, and federal law and/or regulation, this
position requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination. #LI-KJ1 #HEJABOUT
USFor over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and
preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses
located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part
of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare
education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals.
At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our
Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that
leads to professional success. We deliver transformational
education within a culture of integrity and personal
accountability. Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a
comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional DevelopmentWest Coast University is proud to be an
equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to
work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.Campus: WCU
Function: Facultyby Jobble
Keywords: West Coast University, Yorba Linda , Adjunct Clinical Instructor, Integration of Nursing Practices, Education / Teaching , Yorba Linda, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!