Medical Receptionist - Dermatology *$1,000 Sign-On Bonus*
Company: St. Joseph Health
Location: Yorba Linda
Posted on: January 16, 2022
We are looking for a Medical Receptionist with $1,000 Sign-On
Bonus for the Dermatology Department at Providence Medical
Foundation. $1,000 Sign-On Bonus for eligible external candidates
who meet all conditions for payment - this is in addition to the
fantastic benefits and compensation package offered by Providence
that begin on your first day of employment. Location:Yorba Linda,
CA Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly Hours Shift: 8-hour, Days
Job Summary: This position functions as an interface with patients,
physicians, staff and is responsible for handles all incoming calls
screening, transferring, and answering appropriately, timely, and
efficiently. Takes accurate and appropriate messages. Greets
patients/visitors, check patients in and out, distributes mail,
faxes, etc. Assists department with various duties as needed. In
addition, this position will be responsible for obtaining all
information relating to patients and facilitates, and collection
and dissemination of information to the medical record and
information system. Essential Functions:
- Promptly answers incoming calls, screening and routing
appropriately. Takes detailed, accurate, legible messages and
accurately documenting distributing and/or tasking messages
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of computer scheduling
functions, using proper registration protocols with all new
patients, editing existing patient data, and utilizing proper visit
types. Maintain knowledge of all providers schedules and
restrictions. Inputs registration demographic and insurance
information into computer.
- Greets patients and visitors to the medical office and obtains
all required information to register patient. Ensures/assists
patient in completing all forms and routes those forms to the
appropriate personnel or department. Reviews current registration
information with patient updating information as required.
- Reviews provider schedules in advance to ensure
pre-registration of new patients.
- Schedules patient visits per established Standard Work.
Confirms appointments, cancels appointments, reschedules
appointments and notifies clinical staff of appointment changes per
Standard Work. Discusses scheduling conflicts or problems with
supervisors or clinical staff. Provides schedule updates during the
- Checks patient out at the end of visit as per office
procedures. Arrives, cancels and no shows appointments.
- Informs clinical personnel when patient has arrived; routes
patient to appropriate clinical area.
- Responsible for collecting payments from patients, post payment
in the IDX system, maintaining money drawer, balancing monies and
turning in completed batch.
- Per office procedures, determines total charges for visit and
calculates patient financial responsibility per established
policies and procedures for cash patients. Collects required
co-payments, payments (cash, check, credit card), issues receipts
and records MRN, makes change, etc., per standard of work. Ensures
that billing information and collections are routed to appropriate
personnel/department. May collect past due balance when
- Responsible for informing patients regarding St. Joseph
Heritage Medical Group protocols and confirming patient
appointments as needed.
- Open or close office as shift requires, ensuring that all doors
are secured, equipment turned on/off and communicates problems to
supervisor in a timely manner. Oversees the front area for
cleanliness, safety and continuous awareness of visitors, alerting
supervisor of any issues.
- Performs general clerical duties including faxing, copying,
filing, distribution of memos and daily schedules etc. as needed
and maintains needed supplies to conduct daily work.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of providers, facility
locations, facility personnel, etc. Skills
- Basic computer skills in a Windows operating environment
including Microsoft Word, and an e-mail system.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling and medical terminology.
- General knowledge of healthcare insurance and terminology.
- Requires good written and verbal communications skills to
communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Ability to sort and file by alphabet or terminal digit.
- Ability to handle cash transactions and balance cash
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced department and handle
multiple tasks, work with interruptions, and deal effectively with
- Must have excellent public relations and customer service
- Must be able to work under general supervision.
- Must have a professional and mature demeanor.
- Exhibit courtesy/respect for co-workers and willing to help
co-workers when needed.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) communication skills. Minimum
Position Requirements: Experience: Customer relations experience.
Preferred Position Qualifications: Education: Medical Assistant,
Billing, or Front Office Management certification from an
accredited vocational school. Experience:
- Experience as a receptionist in the healthcare industry or as a
- Experience in handling and balancing cash.
- MS Word, Excel and IDX experience.
- Experience with computers or automated scheduling.
Licenses/Certifications: Medical Assistant certification.
Providence Medical Foundation (formerly St. Joseph Heritage Health)
includes seven medical groups throughout Northern California,
Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County. With 175
locations and nearly 4,000 caregivers (employees), Providence
Medical Foundation has been continually recognized as a leader in
quality, receiving top honors from various organizations, including
the Orange County Medical Association for Physicians of Excellence
and the Integrated Healthcare Association with distinction in
clinical quality. Providence Medical Foundation provides equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Providence Medical Foundation complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training. Company: Providence Medical Foundation Category:
Receptionist Req ID: R349915
Keywords: St. Joseph Health, Yorba Linda , Medical Receptionist - Dermatology *$1,000 Sign-On Bonus*, Administration, Clerical , Yorba Linda, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!